A special thanks to Food and Everything Else, for the nomination for the Liebster Award. At Food and Everything Else they tell you to “Grab a glass of wine and stay awhile. We love delicious recipes, Diy’s, unique gift ideas, quotes, inspiring stories, and everything else.” Sounds good to me, pour me some white, please. I love those things too & it is an honor that you have chosen me.
So now, just like any other recipe that I would post on here, there are a few steps that must be taken first…
-Nominees must link back the person who nominated.
-Answer the 10 questions that are given by the nominator.
-Nominate 10 other bloggers for this award who have fewer than 200 followers.
-Create 10 questions for the new nominees to answer.
-Go to the nominee blogs and notify them about their nominations
Here are my answers to Food and Everything Else’s questions.
1) What do you enjoy most about blogging?
I am a very new blogger. This is only my third week blogging but in that short time I have loved it. I enjoy it for a number of reasons. It is a wonderful escape from responsibilities of the day. It has given me a creative outlet & also the motivation to create.
2) What is your favorite food to cook and why?
Asian style drumsticks & rice is my all time favorite recipe. The why is because it reminds me of home. My mother used to make this for me when I was little and it was my absolute favorite. Now that she is no longer with me, I love it even more, as it reminds me of her.
3) What is your favorite subject to blog about?
My daughter is my favorite subject for everything. She is at that amazing age where she is discovering and learning so much. She is fascinating to watch. I love creating new ways to feed her curiosity. It is almost euphoric to watch her. She is my happy place.
4) What is your favorite Thanksgiving dish that you cook?
This actually isn’t a dish. It is a dessert and it is requested by my family each and every year. It is quick and easy and completely addicting. It is a saltine cracker baked with a sugar/butter mixture & set with chocolate & nuts. It is similar to bark but with a salty kick. They are wonderful. I will be posting about those soon.
5) Tell us about your favorite place to shop and why?
I honestly hate to shop. There is something about walking into a mall or department store that makes me want to break out into a cold sweat. I am a big online shopper. You can find a much broader spectrum of things online. I guess then my favorite place to shop would be Amazon.com.
6) What do you like to do for fun?
I love my family days. My husband & I work on opposing schedules and rarely get a chance to all be together as a family. When we do get those opportunities, it is huge. I also like to draw & pretty much do anything crafty & now, you can add blogging to that list.
7) Are you obsessed with your blog? I’m asking because I feel obsessed and totally invested I want to know how other bloggers feel about their blogs.
I am ridiculously obsessed with my blog. I find myself constantly thinking of what my next post will be.
8) What is your favorite gift to receive and why?
That is a tough one. I am not quite sure. I know that my favorite gift would be a new camera if I were to receive one (Honey, if you are reading..wink wink)
9) What is your favorite gift to give and why?
I try to put a lot of thought into gift giving. I don’t think I have a favorite here either. My favorite thing to give is what ever makes my recipient happy.
10) Do you get mammograms; if you do not get them why? Do you perform self-examinations of your breast? Do you know the correct way to perform self-examinations of the breast? How to perform a self breast examination
I just had one done last week. I am not yet 40 but I get them every year. Breast Cancer is what took my mother from me at the young age of 58. I am a die hard supporter of breast cancer awareness. I have captained a Relay for Life team for 8 years running and last year was a participant in the Susan G Komen 3 day walk.
Here is are my questions for my nominees…
1. What is your favorite blog post & why?
2. I’m a lover of travel. Of anywhere you have ever been, what is your favorite destination & why?
3. Where would you visit if you could go anywhere in the world & why?
4. Use five words to describe yourself
5. Where do you draw inspiration for your posts from?
6. If money were all of a sudden, no object, what would be the first thing you would do?
7.What did you want to be when you grew up? Are you, now?
8. What is your favorite T.V show. I’m am all about the ‘Big Bang Theory’ I just love those nerds.
9. How long have you been blogging?
10. Do you speak more than one language? If so which languages do you speak?
These are my nominations for the Liebster Award…
The Spirited Puddle Jumper http://spiritedpuddlejumper.com/
Average But Inspired http://averagebutinspired.com/
Grassfed Mama http://grassfedmama.wordpress.com/
Pajama Mondays http://bridgetsobs.wordpress.com/
Triple the Joy http://triplethejoy.wordpress.com/
Checking Backpacks http://checkingbackpacks.wordpress.com/
Trial and Error of All Things Domestic http://domesticatedlife.wordpress.com/
The Wholesome Pursuit http://en.wordpress.com/read/blog/id/48654679/
Perfect is so Overrated http://perfectissooverrated.wordpress.com/
Thank You again to Food and Everything Else for her recognition. Thank you to all the nominees for your inspirations.