This is one of those questions that is so much fun to think about & answer. Who doesn’t wish that they would win or inherit a million dollars. Thank you to my friend Janine at ‘Janine’s Confessions of a Mommyaholic‘ for hosting the ‘Finish the Sentence’ Hop.
If I had a million dollars…
1. I would quit my job & be a stay at home mom. No offense to my boss, my wonderful co-workers or the company that I work for, but my heart belongs at home with my daughter. I left the workforce for over a year after the birth of our little girl. Going back to work was and is still very difficult for me. Everyone promised me that it would get easier to leave her every day, it has not.
2. I would probably finally be able to convince my husband to have another child. He has a list of reasons for being afraid to have a second child, but I think the majority of it is due to finances. A million dollars would allow us some ease in raising two.
3. I would buy a bigger house. I don’t mean a stupidly obnoxious house that is way to big for us to ever need, just one that would be comfortable for an expanding family, since we will be having a new baby and all. I want a sweet lemon yellow ranch, with a wrap around porch and a room for my crafts & an in-law apartment for my wonderful mother-in-law. Is that too much to ask?
4. I would finally buy a new camera. I will need it after all to take pictures of all of us with the new baby, in our new house.
5. I would pay for my sister’s wedding. My sister just got engaged to a wonderful man over the holidays. My sister was only 21 when our mother passed away. After her death, I have taken on a maternal sense of responsibility towards her. I know my mother would be so proud of the woman that she has become & would be over the moon about her upcoming nuptials.
6. Share some of our good fortune with our family and friends & if we have anything left because let’s face it a million dollars can go fast, we will wisely invest it & become millionaires again. Yup, it’s just that easy. folks.
What would you do? Share your thoughts.