There is a certain time in each woman’s life when she realizes an ugly truth about herself. It happens one day unexpectedly, when you hear yourself muttering something under your breath. You realize that your mutterings sound all too familiar. Then it hits you, you sound just like your mother. Not that this is a bad thing, mind you. Your mother is a wonderful woman, but all of those things that used you drive you mad about her growing up are the very same traits that you have now inherited.
As children, we have all heard those same common mom phrases. Every mother has spoken them. When you get older & especially after becoming a mother yourself the reality of those phrases finally hit home.
Here are some of my favorites:
1. Don’t sit so close to the television.
2. When you have kid’s I hope they treat you like you treat me.
3. You just wait until your father gets home.
4. Money doesn’t grow on trees.
5. Don’t talk with your mouth full.
6. I’m not going to tell you again.
7. Say please… thank you…your welcome
8. This room is a pig sty.
9. I’ll give you something to cry about.
10. If your friends jumped off a bridge, would you?
11. Put a coat on, you’ll catch pneumonia.
12. It’s way past your bedtime.
13. If you like their family so much, why don’t you move in with them.
14. You will always be my baby.
15. Don’t get smart with me.
16. Because I said so, that’s why.
17. Close your mouth when you chew
18. There are starving people in China that would be happy for this food.
19. Turn that racket down.
20. Listen to your mother.
And one last one… the truest of them all. “Your mother is always right.” She really was.
What are your favorite mom-isms?